The Norfolk Marathon has SOLD OUT. You can add your name to the waiting list at Total Race Timing | The Norfolk Marathon.
If you’d like to volunteer at the event, please complete this online form Norfolk Marathon Volunteer Registration Form 28th April 2024.
Some information ahead of the day is below:
- Race tops: If you haven’t done so yet, you can purchase a race t-shirt or vest here The Norfolk Marathon — Store 1 — Creative Lincs Website. You can select to either have it posted or collect from the Aylsham shop.
- Transfer of entry: As you may have heard, the event is now SOLD OUT. We have a waiting list. If you’re no longer able to take part, you can login to Total Race Timing and transfer your entry to someone on the waiting list before 14th April. This doesn’t apply to charity entries.
- Cut off time: The race has a strict cut off time of 6 hours. As we will have rolling road closures, if you are running behind a scheduled time of 6 hours, you may be asked to stop and taken to the finish in our sweeper vehicle as no participants can fall behind the roads reopening.
- Charity entries: If you have chosen a charity entry, you have agreed to fundraise a minimum of £250 for your charity (you should have received an email introducing you to them) and if you can no longer take part on the day, you are still liable to pay the entry fee of £45 to the charity. If you fail to fundraise at least £250, you will be disqualified from taking part.
- Toilets: There will be plenty of toilets at the start of the race and some on the course. The locations of these will be provided in more detail nearer the time.
- Refreshments: There will be water stations approximately every 3 miles (7 water stations on course), an electrolyte tablet (not dissolvable) at the halfway point, a banana at the half way point and at the finish there will be water, electrolyte tablets, cookies and donuts. Please note we are not providing any energy gels. If you bring your own energy gels, please ensure you keep the empty packets and dispose of them in a bin after you finish the race. If anyone is seen littering, then you will be disqualified from the race.
- Headphones: Only bone conduction earphones are allowed, these are the ones that sit on the outside of your ear so you can still hear what’s around you.
- Car parking: There will be two public car parks that are both Pay & Display (£1.80 per hour or £8.50 for 24 hours).
- The Meadows (NR27 9EE). Walking distance to the start and from the finish. 265 spaces.
- Runton Road (NR27 9AU). About a 10-15 minute walk from the start and 5-10 minute walk from the finish. 1037 spaces. For this car park we will be offering a coach shuttle run to the start (to the town centre) and back to the car park after the race (from Cromer Bus Station).
- Baggage drop: There will be a baggage drop. More information will provided nearer the time.
- The route: You can see the route map here Norfolk Marathon Route. It’s not a flat course, so make sure you do plenty of hill training before the course.
- Race photos: There will be 2x photographers on the day taking as many photos as possible. These will be available to download for FREE after the race.
- Spectator points: There will be various spectator points on the route, these will be provided nearer the time.